Physiotherapist - New Grads welcome
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Our facility ideally located in the inner city suburb of Nundah require a Casual Physiotherapist. New Grads welcome to apply for this great opportunity.
Let’s talk about the role:
You will provide Allied Health services within our aged care service. We believe in the right person for the role and are happy to provide support to someone with the right attitude and eagerness to work.
As an Allied Health Professional, you will:
- Undertake resident assessments and implement appropriate therapy, rehabilitation and/or maintenance programs.
- Assess, document and evaluate programs and treatments.
- Provide complex pain management for residents, including therapeutic massage and the use of appropriate equipment.
- Undertake home visits and home assessments for clients in surrounding communities to support the client in staying in their own home.
- Contribute to, and participate in, education programs for residents, relatives and staff.
Now let’s talk about you:
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate:
- Motivated by working with others with rehabilitation.
- A desire to encourage residents to develop and maintain a level of fitness conducive to a good quality of life.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work successfully as part of a multidisciplinary team.
In addition, you will:
- Possess relevant qualification and registration with AHPRA.
- Have an understanding of issues experienced by elderly people, their families and carers.
- Maintain a positive National Police Check and an Australian driver’s licence.
- It will be highly regarded if you possess knowledge of the equipment and services available in the Aged Care sector, as well as the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI).
What we can offer you:
You will receive
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to salary packaging and Assistance with relocation if required
• Good work life balance
• Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
• Membership to our dedicated Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description, please click on the link below: